Why We Need Jesus
I was going to originally write this page in paragraph form, but realized this page would become a book. The purpose of this page is to outline the reason we all need a savior and redeemer to get back to God.
1) God took five days to create the heavens, earth, sun, moon, stars, sky, water, land, plants, birds, and water creatures.
2) The sixth day God created man and the animals.
a) – Genesis 1:26 – Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, [b] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.” – Jesus was with God in the beginning
i) John 1:1-3 – 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning. 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. Jesus is the Word of God
ii) John 17:5 is Jesus speaking – 5And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.
b) God created man to rule over all the other living creatures as stated in Genesis 1:26 above.
3) God rested on the seventh day.
1) God allows man to eat from all the trees in the Garden of Eden, but one.
a) The tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil
2) Satan in the form of the serpent deceives Eve who in turn gets Adam to eat of the tree.
a) The Fall has happened
b) Man is banished from the Garden and can no longer eat from the Tree of Life
i) God could not let fallen man live forever.
ii) Man Has been sentenced, for the wages of sin is death. Romans 6:23
3) By Satan tricking Adam and Eve, he becomes the Ruler of this World.
a) When Jesus was being tempted in the desert , the Devil tells him in John 4:6 – 6And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to.
Jesus does not rebuke Satan on this point or tell him they’re not yours to give.
GOD’S PLAN OF REDEMPTION
1) Man was destined for hell which was made for Satan and the fallen angels who rebelled against God.
2) God immediately began to devise a plan to save man from this death and reunite him back to Himself.
a) God has to obey His rules and laws of the universe, so this was not an easy task
b) The only way man could be saved was by the perfect sacrifice to take his place.
3) Through Abraham God chose a lineage of people in which he would call his own and slip the perfect sacrifice into the world though them.
a) They are known as the Jews today.
b) The Old Testament had prophets that spoke of the Messiah who would come though the Tribe of Judah, one of the twelve tribes of Israel.
i) Many Prophecies spoke of how the Messiah was going to rule and reign for 1000 years. (The Jews were looking for this Messiah)
ii) The Other Prophecies spoke of how a Messiah who was full of humility and came to die for our sins. (The Jews were not looking for the sacrificial lamb and rejected their Messiah)
4) God gave examples of the importance of sin offerings and blood sacrifices in the Old Testament
a) In the book of Exodus, God told Moses to have his people slaughter a lamb and cover the door frames with the blood. This was so that when the Angel of Death came to kill the first born of those living in Egypt, those who were covered with the blood would be bypassed and spared.
i) By accepting God’s sacrifice of his son Jesus, His blood covers your sins and death is bypassed.
b) God also had the priests constantly make sin offerings to Him throughout the Old Testament.
i) These sacrifices were only temporary and were not powerful enough to finish the job.
ii) These sacrifices were showing obedience and love to the Lord until the perfect sacrifice arrived.
1) God sent His Son, who was with him from the beginning, into the world as a baby.
a) Sin has been passed down through mankind from Adam, after he sinned.
i) To be perfect, Jesus had to bypass this gene
ii) This is the importance of the virgin birth by Mary
2) There are Old Testament Prophecies which foretold how the Messiah would be treated and put to death for our sins.
a) Psalm 22:1-18– King David prophetically writes of the day of Christ’s crucifixion.
b) Isaiah 52:13-53:1-12 – Isaiah gives a glimpse of the Messiah as a sacrifice
3) The Jewish people weren’t the only ones who missed these scriptures and prophecies. Satan was so enthralled with killing Jesus that he played right into the victory of our redemption.
a) Jesus dies on the cross as the perfect sacrifice
b) All are saved that accept him as Lord and his sacrifice
i) Romans 3:22-24 – 22This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, 23for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
ii) Romans 4:24-25 – 24but also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness—for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead. 25He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.
iii) Ephesians 2:8-9 – 8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— 9not by works, so that no one can boast.
iv) Romans 5:8-9 – 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 9Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10For if, when we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! 11Not only is this so, but we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
JESUS TO RULE AND REIGN AS KING
1) Jesus came first as the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world. – John 1:29
2) Jesus is coming back soon to rule and reign as King of this earth.
a) The Jews finally acknowledge their Messiah, Jesus, whom they rejected for 2000 years.
b) He rules for 1000 years as their Messiah with those who accepted him as Lord (The Bride of Christ/Christian believers before the second coming)
3) After the 1000 years – Revelation 20:15 – 15If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
My prayer is that if you have not accepted the sacrifice of Jesus and you have not had your sins covered by the blood of the Lamb, you do so immediately.
“For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ.” 1 Timothy 2:5
God is LOVE. You do not want to be on the wrong side of the spiritual battle of your Creator.
I have made a page for those who want to make Jesus Lord. It will be the most important decision in your life.